The Inbox Tester is used to check if your emails/newsletters will make it to your recipient’s inbox. This test will allow you to send an email to different mailbox providers around the world and quickly check to see the placement of that email.
We make available over 20 different mailbox providers, located around the world. This’ll help you understand how different mailbox providers handle your emails. When testing, if you send out a single email with a lot of To's and CC's addresses on it, it can be flagged as spam. Please send out multiple emails when testing with fewer To/CC's for better results.
It is really simple to get started:
- Enter a testing file name (this is to help you identify individual tests)
- Choose which mailbox providers you wish to test by selecting from the dropdown
- Click ‘Create New Test’
- Copy your custom test code from the box below, and insert into the footer of your email
- Copy the newly generated email addresses and add them to a new mailing list in your email marketing service
Please note: Some mailbox providers will not deliver one-word emails, so be sure to test with a natural email or newsletter. Once you create your first test, the results will appear in the table below.
Once the test email has been sent, our recipient inboxes begin the status reporting of your email message.
- InboxYour email successfully reached the recipient’s inbox.
- MissingWhen emails are missing it's usually a result of a mis-configuration of your mail server (Use our Email Server Tester to diagnose), a virus was detected, or your IP/Domain Name is being blacklisted.
- SPAMWhen emails are marked spam, it's usually a result of the content or lack of content being sent, your IP hasn't been warmed up, or a mis-configuration of your mail server (Use our Email Server Tester to diagnose).